As a condition of participation in the 2014/2015 season, parent(s)
of all SLMHA players (under the age of 18) registered with the OMHA will be required
to take the Respect In Sport (RIS) Parent program.
All Team Officials
(Coaches, Trainers & Managers) along with On-Ice Officials and On-Ice volunteers are required to take the Respect in Sport - Activity Leader Program
This on-line course MUST BE completed by a minimum of one parent per family prior to the OMHA deadline of August 31, 2014. Don't delay in completing as this will result in your player not receiving OMHA approval to play on any team.
The Respect in Sport Program for Parents is a unique, in-depth 1 hour online program geared to providing the parent with information on how to evaluate and understand:
- Parental influence over a child
- Coach and leader roles in sport
- Role of the parent and coach in ensuring a child's enjoyment of a sport
- Protecting your child when outside of your immediate control
- Concussion awareness and Return to Play guidelines
- Long-Term Player Development
Additional information and log in instructions can be found on the registration page or by clicking on below link:
Respect In Sport - Parent